Monday, August 7, 2017

My Vacation Part 2 // We went to Florida for the first time ever


(yup those are dolphins)
 
Gymnasts don't leave footprints in the sand, they leave handprints. ahaha get it ;)

yayyyyy I'm back for part 2 of my vacation. I'm really excited because yeahhh all that other stuff I talked about last post was cool but this is the best part. The part where we FINALLY get to our destination.

Tuesday morning, we all slept in after getting home (aka the hotel) really late. Once we finally got out of the hotel and into the car we hit the road to the beach. We were of course BEYOUND excited right as we drove by the Gulf. AND IT WAS AMAZING. The waves we're really strong which made it SUPER fun for boogie boarding. Our past adventure to the ocean wasn't the most pleasant because it happened to be the only week jellyfish were swarming around everywhere stinging everyone, but we definitely received perfect redemption because the ocean was perfect (with no jellyfish stings). After that we went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. (haha so I felt kinda bad eating Chick-fil-a when we could go out for seafood but it was national cow day so cmon. We had too)

Wednesday, we went bike riding. Since I got to plan all the cool events we'd do while we were there I got to select some of my top choices for what I thought would be some cool things to do. It's kinda my thing to bike ride, so I thought I would make a reservation so we could bike around the beach. It was sooooo pretty. And hot. BUT I LOVE BIKE RIDING. I can endure the heat for a good nice workout while enjoying the scenery. I got to admit at the end it was a little hard because it was suppperrrrr hot and I thought dad said the bike trail was only 2 miles and it seemed like way more miles than that, but we survived. There was a bay where an alligator was living so we stayed around for a  while looking around for it. We saw some movements in the water which we think was the alligator but we weren't completely sure. It was hard to tell but I think it was it. (I'm just gonna say it was an alligator ;P) After finally getting done and feeling sweaty and sticky we went to the beach. YAYYYYY and man did it feel reaaaallllyyy good after sweating so much. After going to the beach we showered, (thank God we were all so tired and wanted to get out of our swimsuits) got into some comfy clothes, rested a little, went and got some delicious pizza, and then went souvenir shopping. It was fun trying to find the perfect souvenir shirt to buy ;) It was surely I long day, but super fun ;)

Thursday, we woke up early to drive to Destin, Florida. I know this is totally weird to probably all ya'll...but it was the first time we had been to Florida. (jsyk I won Never Have I Ever SOOOO many times because I always got them on "I've never been to Florida.") The main event that we planned for Destin was so go snorkeling. THAT WAS SOOOO FUN. Our tour guides we're super entertaining. Before going snorkeling they took us around the water showing us cool things like DOLPHINS that were RIGHT by our boat. It was super cool and I took some cool photos too^ Then, we anchored our boat and we were free to snorkel for an hour. It was super refreshing to swim because 1. the fins were super fun to swim with, 2. because we could BREATHE UNDERWATER yayyyyyy, and 3. because we saw all kinds of cool fish. It was amazing!! After snorkeling for fish we took another stop by a beach with tons of shells. We found loads shells that were all unique and SOOOO beautiful. We still have our hundreds of shells just kinda sitting around our house so if there is any cool DIY you know of it'd be awesome if you could share to us ;) When you're looking for shells you have to look REALLY closely to make sure there is not a crab in it. (We accidently took some crabs with us... oops) We also had a crab race in out boat which was really funny. My crab was pretty fast #soproud After snorkeling we headed back to our car for a 2 hour drive back home to our hotel.

Friday, we slept in a little late after getting to our hotel so late, but once again we headed to the beach. It was (sadly) our last day there at the Gulf. It was definitely bittersweet to leave but we had a blast playing in the ocean. I miss it soo much :( but we'll come back soon. After we left the beach we went out for seafood. We had a veryyyy long car ride that night but finally we got to our hotel at 2 and crashed.

Saturday, basically drove all day and then got home!! yayyyyy!

So there ya go! A little detailed post about our trip to the beach. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. :D

Thanks for reading!!
bouncing in to say bye,
                                   Bernie

10 comments:

  1. *whispers* I have never been to Florida *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a fabulous time! :D The dolphins and bright blue water are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florida looks like a fabulous place to visit. Someday I'd like to get down there, but as of now, it's still on my list of "someday" places to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ellie,

    So glad you were able to come to Florida! Your vacation seems like it was very fun, and you took some awesome pictures. I also loved the pictures in your most recent post about your new camera. Some seem like they have a gentle haze or something over them. They don't look as bright. And I love that close up picture of the butterfly. Does your new camera have a timer on it? Or can it take picture in black and white or sequoia? And one more question, can it take panoramics?

    Love
    Ashley
    ashleysyarnworks.etsy.com
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too haha :) It was super fun. I wish we could've maybe met up with you but we were kinda far away and we just spent one day there. Hmmm I've never noticed that about my camera but thanks for telling me. Maybe I'll look into it. Yes my camera does have a timer. yay cause I love timers haha. Yes after you take the picture you can edit it and add filters. And no, I don't think it can take panoramics.

      Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  5. Lovely! I was kind of surprised with the first image tho. I have not seen Florida with a dark sky before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to live in Florida. This made me miss it even more. I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete