Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Christmas-y Thoughts


Well guys, it's funny how Sarah (my sister) looks SOO much like my dad and I look just like my mom. Although she looks like dad, she's not like him. I inherit most of his personality. Basically, two words to describe me and dad are....

ORGANIZED PLANNERS

I'm so proud of what I got done with Christmas season. Mostly what I ordered. In the couple of weeks, I got 50 prints free on Shutterfly because of a coupon I got like THREE YEARS AGO. Literally. I ordered our Christmas cards for friends and family and got those 50% off which gave a HUGE discount on our order. I also ordered a free calendar on Shutterfly because I recently signed up. That was AWESOME. AHH, that moment when you just relax and praise yourself for doing some great stuff. AND may I mention, last Saturday I went to JCPenny looking for a Christmas present. ANOTHER TREMENDOUS DEAL I GOT THERE. I'm feel so....ACOMPLISHED.

Next up, I'm planning a whole big gift (for some of my favorite friends ;P). I'm so excited to send it. By the way, isn't it awesome to bless someone? To just make them happy. It fills my heart with joy.

Then, we also have Christmas cookies going on. Every year our family makes Christmas cookies for our relatives. I've kinda been taking charge of the cookies these past couple years so that's exciting yet frustrating at the same time. I consider myself a good baker, but I mess up a lot. It's actually one of my hobbies, but I'm usually a mess cooking.

And then there's Christmas plays were watching, Christmas lights were driving to see, Christmas shopping were doing, Christmas parties were going to, Christmas movies we need to watch, and it's just awesome. I LOVE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. I'm so busy, and it's awesome.

 But then we just lay down and we just sit down and read the Bible. Man, trust me, I love the busyness. But, it's just so perfect when you can relax and be reminded about what Christmas is all about. What Jesus did for us.

I really hope you have a great time buying gifts, making cookies, and all the stuff. But most of all I hope you take time to read the Bible.

Take time out of all this busyness and spend time in the Word.

bouncing in to say bye,
                                   bernie

3 comments:

  1. Haha, then I guess me and you are just the opposite! I'm not neat or organized at all! Sure I've planned my entire life out, but I don't think that counts lol!😂 And that's how it is with my sister! She is just like my dad, and I'm just like mom! Short, tall, brown eyed, green eyed!
    It is so important to read scripture! I couldn't tell you how much that can help in some situations! I'm so glad that He is always there for me! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie,
    I really joyed reading this post. (I liked the most recent one too, but you didn't write that. ;) ) We just can't forget Jesus is the reason for the season. I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

    With much love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete